Who knew when my 2020 Notice of Action Plan was posted in January, we would be where we are today in August?
Despite a lockdown, twists and turns, and return to work, what hasn’t changed throughout the COVID-19 period are the actions continuing to fuel my business plan: Communication. Connection. Collaboration.
And midway through the year, I added Celebration. Here’s why:
- May, 2020 marked 25 years since I was called to the Bar
- On July 1st, Mitchell Rose Law and Rose Dispute Resolution celebrated a one-year anniversary
- For 2020/21, I am Chair of the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) Alternative Dispute Resolution Section Executive
- In August, I became a Member of the newly formed Canadian Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- This summer, I mentored Reema Bakshi, a law student from University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law through the school’s internship program. Reema has a keen interest in mediation, arbitration and my settlement counsel concept.
UPDATE ON COMMUNICATION
- My newsletter, In Dispute: All Things ADR for Ontario Lawyers, launched in the late Spring with a focus on mediation and arbitration to my lawyer client audience. Sign up to get on my mailing list!
UPDATE ON CONNECTION
- Advanced Mediation Advocacy was a natural sequel to my first program, Excelling at Mediation Advocacy. Instead, I retooled the first program to reflect the COVID-19 period and virtual mediation, but it also stands alone (with two CPD hours). I am offering my enhanced program to law firms virtually throughout Ontario. To inquire, contact me.
On the special occasion of our first anniversary, we want you to know that your trust, support and satisfaction are what motivates us to thrive. Thank you for your collaboration and being with us on our growth journey. If we can further help solve any legal challenges, or settle your case, or mediate, please let us know. I continue to accommodate pandemic restrictions and offer flexible hours. Be well. Stay safe. – Mitch