I’m Mitchell Rose, principal of Mitchell Rose Professional Corporation, and I solve legal problems.*
As both a dispute resolution Lawyer (Settlement Counsel), and a Mediator, my passion is for mapping out and delivering practical strategies for resolving conflict.
I mediate a broad range of civil disputes throughout Ontario reflecting my past work as a general litigator for over twenty years. My Settlement Counsel practice is focused on employment law, neighbour and boundary disputes, and business conflicts.
- York University, Bachelor of Arts (B.A. (Hons.)), Specialized Honours in Psychology (1990)
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) (1993)
- Called to the Ontario Bar (1995)
- Mediation/ADR Training at Stitt Feld Handy (2004) and (2005), and at Harvard Law School (2012)
- ADR Institute of Canada, Qualified Mediator (Q. Med) (2012)
- ADR Institute of Canada, Chartered Mediator (C. Med) (2015)
- International Academy of Mediators, Fellow (2015)
For more information about me, click here for my CV.
My Volunteer Work
Giving back is important to me. I provide pro bono and low bono legal work to various non-profit agencies, as well as to individuals who cannot otherwise afford a lawyer. I coach Osgoode Hall student mediators at Small Claims Court since 2014.
I was a member of the Board of Directors of the ADR Institute of Ontario (2016-2018). I am also the Vice-Chair of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section Executive of the Ontario Bar Assocation.
Writing and Speaking
In My Free Time
When I’m not settling your case, or writing or speaking about law and mediation, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, cooking, collecting maps, reading about history, psychology and philosophy, and avoiding golf.